Growth Mindset comes from our willingness to put ourselves outside our comfort zone. Nothing is easy at least not as easy as staying at one place- being where we are and where we have always been.
There are lots of people who are willing to take the entrepreneural plunge out there & it was heartening to meet some of them during the TIE Start up Expo in Gurgaon last week. Buzzing entrepreneurs- some young & some not so young with stars in their eyes were talking about their wonferful ideas. Amazing elevator pitches, many worthwhile mentoring sessions and a hall full of many dreamers and some doers. Inspiring success stories from the founders of companies which started just as some small ideas like Chayos, Biryani by Kilo ,Beer Café ,India Mart, Make My Trip.
Loved every bit – What made these entrepreneurs tick?
How it isn’t easy?
How it isn’t for the faint hearted?
How money doesn’t mean success is guaranteed?
And a reminder that Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Lessons Worth Remembering for me & Worthwhile enough for kids – yours and mine both!
- Go out, invest time in your learning, take more courses and read about/listen to inspiring people.
- Your own conviction in your idea matters not the idea so much
- There are many people with ideas but only some have the courage to go all the way.
- Seek a mentor, accept that you can’t know it all
- Don’t expect quick results, hard work but done smartly is only thing that works.
- Stick to it, perseverance is the only way to success.
- Give your dreams all you’ve got, and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.
Walking outside my comfort zone is tough for me and I surprise myself every time the jitters push me forward towards a road less travelled. When in trouble, I sometimes curse myself for not staying put and taking it easy but what makes me go still is that i know my kids are watching. They might not see me succeed but they have to see me try at least. And it has helped as my kids are becoming thinking people, propelling themselves to grow and evolve always. Only problem is that when they are walking out of their comfort zones, the mother in me has bigger jitters & and they do that a little too often for my fragile little heart.
Rome surely wasn’t built in a day…It just was made by people who had a growth mindset.